Niamh Wrenne

PURCHASED A COURSE OR MEMBERSHIP?

You can view all the Self-study Courses, Classes and Memberships you have access to from your Student Profile page.  If you can’t remember how to access your student profile page, click on the ‘PORTAL’ button to the right and you’ll be sorted in no time.

Hello. I am happy that you made it here.  My name is Niamh, owner of Math Momentum Academy, a home for parents and educators who are committed to offering mathematics in an Engaging, Effective & Enjoyable way. And a home for proactive teenagers who want to take autonomy over their math education.

 I have worked with thousands of parents & teachers from all over the world online, helping them turn their math helping efforts into success stories, and tutored hundreds of students online when that is what is necessary.

It doesn’t matter whether you feel frustrated because you think you don’t have the ‘right’ math skills to help your child, or whether you feel frustrated because you just don’t understand why your explanation of the math information is not ‘landing’ with your child ….. breaking math down to it’s smallest working parts is what you need, and I have you covered.

I have many resources  (no matter where on the ‘Math Helping Spectrum’ you feel you are on) to help you help your child experience their math with a new sense of confidence.

It’s difficult to plan a perfect journey, without a good map … download the Grade Level Math Skills of the Elementary Student, topic specific M.A.P’s for the Second Level Student or What I Wish I knew before staring online teaching to get essential clarity.

1

Private Online Math Tutoring Sessions where your student can get the specific help they need.

Sometimes a student just needs to catch up. Sometimes they need a refresher on a topic.  No matter what the need, you can book a session directly with me.  Individuals must be 14 years or older. You can book any available session as and when you need it.

2

Free Private Group for Parents where, 'how to approach home based math guidance' is discussed.

There is comfort in being surrounded by like minded parents, who are all striving for the same thing …. to offer their children Engaging, Effective and Enjoyable math help.  Sharing  your approach, and learning about the approach of other parents  is incredibly helpful.

community_clipped

3

Topic Specific Math Revision Sessions

Getting a complete ‘run through’ of a topic is incredibly advantageous for teenagers, especially those with exam dates in the near future. Having these online, means that your teen can access these from anywhere – even their phone! Only register for the topics you want. If you can’t make the live event, re-plays are available for 24-hours for those who register.

4

The Math Momentum Academy

If you are looking for more hands on help then come join the Math Momentum Academy Membership where you get access to all  trainings, math courses, books and much more …

nuts-and-bolts-bundle-2

5

How to create Your Own Tutoring Business

Having the skill & passion for tutoring is 80% of the requirement to start your own tutoring business.  The remaining 20% (in creating a professional presence) is 100% dependant on your technical knowledge.  Not Ed-Tech knowledge. I’m sure you have all that is required in that department,  Business-tech.  This is a barrier for so many incredible teachers & tutors making the move online, but it’s not a barrier, just a small hurdle you can easily soar over with the right guidance.  

Niamh helped me with my 14 year old girl with her Maths. She was not necessarily struggling with ability, but she suffered from anxiety and had missed a lot of school. As we know Maths is based on building blocks, and she had missed quite a few blocks on the way.
What immediately impressed me about Niamh was how she found a way to communicate with my wayward teen, and gave her enough confidence to loose all fear of the obstacles ahead, she had her on side after the first hour. In fact my kid was looking forward to catching up on her Maths and working with Niamh!
She was 15 in the Feb and in her junior cert year. She had 20 percent attendance in her Maths classes for a year and a half. Niamh met her at Easter and between Easter and the junior cert, they worked together for 10 hours one to one. My girl sat higher level Maths and got a high C. But better than that, she understood Maths in a new way and developed a passion for it, that will remain with her.
Niamh has a very special way of working with teenagers, and understanding their individual learning styles and what it is they are competent at and what it is they struggle with in the vast landscape that is Maths. I recommend her without hesitation!

Edain Donnell – Happy Mum, Clonakilty